Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude images from Space Attachments macro

Andy Folland September 29, 2020

Hello,

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Is there any way of excluding image files from the Space Attachments macro without having to resort to behind the scenes hacks?

Surely this should be a simple "Exclude Filter by Extension" feature in the report header.

Cheers,

Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Andy Folland 

I don't think that this is possible with the Space Attachment macro.

What do you want to achieve, what is your goal? Perhaps we can find another way, which fits perfect for you.

Regards, Dominic

Andy Folland September 30, 2020

Hello Dominic,

Many thanks for replying.
I just want a report to list out all the attachments (.DOCX, .PDF, .XLSX etc) in my space but not including the images that are embedded in my pages.

IMHO there is an argument to say that embedded images aren't really "attachments" per se. I would say that embedded images should be considered part of the page content really, and perhaps not considered as attachments at all.
But whatever - that's a separate debate. If I could just use the Space Attachments macro and exclude the image files, that would work for me.

Cheers,

Andy

Like Angela Sadul likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Andy Folland 

Okay, I see and agree with you about the attachments :) 

The problem here is, that an image can be attached to the site without beeing embedded in the page.

Probably you could write an user macro.

Or perhaps you can make a SQL. This should help you

Regards, Dominic

Andy Folland September 30, 2020

Hi Dominic,

Thank you once again.

I suspect I am not techie enough to be able to do this + I wouldn't be permitted to chuck user macros into our Production environment anyway.

Nevertheless I shall have a peruse and see if I can improve my Confluence skills a bit.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events