Excerpt panel frame not disappearing

lisa sinclair September 28, 2020

I've got an excerpt macro on page A, and the excerpt included on page B

On page A, the excerpt macro is set to "hidden"

On page B, I've got the excerpt include macro set to "Remove Surrounding Panel".

However, on save, the panel remains, AND when I go back to check, the "Remove surrounding panel" checkbox is unticked.

Is there some intricate setting I don't know about, some malign incantation or sacrifice I must make in order to get the frame to Go Away?

Thanks

L.

2 answers

0 votes
lisa sinclair September 30, 2020

Hi again, I tried the solution but now my include panels have a scrollbar even when displaying all the text.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Can you share a printscreen? 

lisa sinclair October 6, 2020

Sorry for delay. Here's a screenshot:

atlassian-1493185-scrollbar-excerpt-panel.jpgThanks

L.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

I tried it on my own again. And I have the same. But on this page, where the excerpt is defined, not on the "include excerpt" page. 

I think you have to submit a bug to atlassian directly: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/ If you are logged in, you can raise a request.

I think the problem is the bullet point list. 

My Workaround: 

- Add a empty line after the bullet point list.

Regards, Dominic

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

Hi @lisa sinclair 

This is a known Bug.

Workaround:

To avoid running into this issue, add a new Excerpt Include macro, and select Remove Surrounding Panel as soon as you insert the macro. (However, there's a catch, once you add this option you'd be unable to toggle it off/on again)

Hope this helps, 

Regards, Dominic

lisa sinclair September 29, 2020

I'll see if that works. thanks for feedback

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events