Excerpt-include across space boundaries

Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2012

Hi Folks,

another detailquestion - did I miss something or is it not possible to "excerpt-include" from pages outside the current space ? Any workaround except for creating a user proxymacro ?

Josh

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2012

Hi Josch,

Unfortunately, no you didn't miss anything and it's an open feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5752

What you could do is create a page in the same space as the page with the excerpt on it, use {excerpt-include} to include the excerpt on that page and then use the {include} macro on the page that you want the excerpt included on in the separate space. It's cludgy, but the {include} macro does work across Spaces.

Alternatively, would a straight {include} of an entire page work for you? If you have lots of excerpts that you want to re-use is it worth looking at re-working your content so the excerpts are indivual pages and you assemble full pages from them as required? That way you won't be affected by the {excerpt-include} limitation and could reuse content wherever it was needed irrespective of Spaces.

Andrew.

Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

Hi Andrew, I had feared that. I currently use the proxy-approach like you described. Thanks for the link to vote for :)

Josch

0 votes
Hitesh.Kumar June 1, 2021

I just followed the below suggestion here and was able to do the excerpt include to different space.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 5.49.22 PM.png

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2012

Perhaps prefixing the page name with the spacekey and colon does work...

Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

nope, tried that :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events