Excerpt content appears from a Restricted source page

Julie Bateman July 8, 2019

The problem we want to solve: 

1. We want to hide content on a source page from the public  (Users = Anonymous)
  2. We want to add the content to several public output pages and the content to remain hidden in preparation
  3. We want to control when a source page content appears on an output page - specific day, with minimum effort.

This is effective Embargo content functionality. Hold the content until you want to go live. In our case it' software release notes. 

Excerpts and page includes ostensibly sounded like they would do the job. Just restrict the source page until you are ready and then send the source page live and the Includes/Excerpts would also go Live.  Nope!

In earlier versions of Confluence if you create an Excerpt on a page, then lock it down (Restricted) it would throw up an error message on the Excerpt output page. I found CSS code to fix that, i.e. hide the message. 

In our 6.15 test environment, it appears that if you have a Restricted page, create an Excerpt. Include the excerpt on another page (unrestricted) it shows the content on the unrestricted page even though the source page is restricted.  

So no more error msgs in 6.15 but a brand new issue!  

Logically I don't understand if a source page is restricted why the excerpts from that page would be Live... 

Are there any other solutions?  

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events