Excerpt Macros and Exporting to PDF

Andy Trayler May 25, 2021

I have been using the excerpt macro to accumulate data from one page to another. However, when I go to generate a PDF version of the page, the excerpt macros content is replaced in the PDF with an error message: "Unable to render include or excerpt-include. Could not retrieve page."

Is this a bug or can it be resolved?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hello Andy!

Thanks for reaching out in regards to your PDF export issues while using an excerpt on the page. There may be a chance your issue is related to a bug, but I'd like us to see if it's a permission or location issue that is causing this problem first.

• Could you please ensure the page that's within your excerpt doesn't have any permissions which would prevent the export from seeing it (Ensure there are no parent permissions either)?
  • For the excerpt you're using, is the page you're referencing a child of the parent your exporting, or is the reference page located in another space?

Alternatively, you may also check the following reported bugs to see if your issue is similar:

We look forward to hearing back to find the root of this strange excerpt behavior.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Andy Trayler May 26, 2021

My problem was related to CONFCLOUD-65349; the excerpted page title had a colon in it.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events