Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Excel macro not showing content

My company has a page that has a couple of Excel macro's imbedded in it.  When viewing the page, the macro's just spin, nothing show's.   I can edit the page and edit the macro.  I see a preview and I can download the spreadsheet.  

I decided to use one of those spreadsheets and create a page in my personal space.  I uploaded that spreadsheet and I inserted the macro, however, when I edit the macro to select the spreadsheet, there is nothing there.  For some reason it can't find the uploaded spreadsheet.

We are on Confluence v7.15.0. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Daryl

2 answers

Hi @daryl ,

Sometimes the Excel macro won't display very complex formulas - don't know if this is your case though, but I came across such thing several times.

You may browse the Atlassian Marketplace for the apps that recreate Confluence tables from CSV attachments (I think there are even free apps).

Our app that is Table Filter and Charts for Confluence is a paid add-on, but it's a complex plugin that will be able to replace Excel and you won't need to switch between two instances. 

But our app also provides the Table from CSV macro to recreate tables from CSV attachments/URLs. These recreated tables can be also filtered/aggregated/visualized in Confluence with the help of our other macros.

I figured out why my test page wasn't working, or why I couldn't find the files that I uploaded.  I needed to "Attach" the files, not upload them.

Still not sure why the original page's macro is just spinning.  Any thoughts?

Daryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

1,014 views 7 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you