Excel Documents displaying portrait

Graeme Craig April 27, 2021

Hi!  is there anyway for previewing an excel document so that it shows in landscape? when we click it's just Portrait!  I've seen mentions of 'page tools' but cannot find that anywhere, your help is greatly appreciated!!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hello @Graeme Craig!

That is an interesting behavior. I tried to replicate it, but my excel file was displayed as expected, in landscape:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.23.39.png

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few things:

1. Are you using the office macro? Insert Microsoft Office macros
  2. Does this happen with any Excel file you use?
  3. Is this affecting other users as well?
  4. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of dummy content so we can see what happens?

Please, be careful when sharing the screenshot. Our community is an open space and everyone can see everything here.

Let us hear from you!

Graeme Craig April 30, 2021

Hi Diego! thanks for replying, this happens with any excel spreadsheet we upload, I've tried the excel macro also. No matter what spreadsheet we open it previews it in landscape. 

Graeme Craig April 30, 2021

Capture.PNG

Graeme Craig May 4, 2021

Hi @Diego any ideas? :)

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hello there!

Yes, I do have an idea on how to see your excel files in a vertical format. Looking at the preview on my site I noticed that as soon as I clicked to preview, the zoom level was set as 207%:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 13.55.57.png

When I click the "-" sign inside the magnifying glass at the bottom of the preview, I was able to see it at 100% size:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 13.56.09.png

The only limitation I found to that is that you need to do it every time you preview the file.

Hope this helps!

Graeme Craig May 6, 2021

Hi @Diego  thanks for your reply. The issue is when previewing excel its viewing it in portrait. We were hoping it would view the excel document in landscape to allow us to see all the fields. 
Any suggestions on how we can see the preview in landscape? 

Graeme Craig May 10, 2021

@Diego  any idea how we can fix this? or is this just simply something impossible on confluence?

Diego
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2021

Oh, alright! I misunderstood when you said "No matter what spreadsheet we open it previews it in landscape.".

When I have content in landscape, all the fields where shown like so:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.49.50.png

Even if I change the orientation of the original XLS file, all the fields were shown:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.50.03.png

Having that said, I do not have more information on your sheet to better understand what is happening. Do you think it would be possible for you to anonymize the content of your sheet and share a screenshot of it while visualizing it with Excel or the software you currently use?

Let us hear from you.

Graeme Craig May 11, 2021

@Diego Apologies if I caused confusion, the issue is when ever we open an excel preview it opens in portrait and cuts the columns off, we need it to open in landscape. 

I've included a screenshot of what is shows on confluence, and you'll see also a screenshot of the excel document as it should do. I thought when we open the Excel preview on confluence it would show all the columns?preview.PNGexcel screen shot.PNG

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2021

Hello Graeme,

Thank you for including the screenshots of the original and the preview. From what I'm seeing, this might be related to a bug already filed, please have a look at CONFCLOUD-66922.

If this bug is similar to your issue please let us know, we also ask for you to vote and watch this issue for future updates.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events