Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eval license for Offline install located in air-gapped lab environment

billc.murphy@rsa.com March 22, 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to get an eval license to set up Confluence using an external DB as opposed to the built in DB?

We would like to get started with a production build while we are waiting for our vendor quote to come back.

I would prefer to not have to then migrate a DB that has 30 days of configuration and changes.

Thanks,
-Bill

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Yes, it is possible to use an external db with the eval key, during the install select to do the production installation instead.

billc.murphy@rsa.com March 22, 2019

Hi Mikael,

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Because we are deploying in a segregated network environment (no network/internet connection in or out) how would I request an eval license?

During install it looks like you need to connect to the internet from the machine the software is being installed on.   Unfortunately that will not be an option for us for eval or production licensing.

Thanks,

-Bill

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2019

You should be able to get your eval license from your Atlassian account. I think you can request the license there as well. You can also get dev licenses there too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events