Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errror message might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Steve Boydon July 27, 2017

Hi

Applies to Confluence Server 6.1.2

I have been getting the below error and cannot fathom what has changed

The web page at https://xxxxx.xx.xx/admin/viewgeneralconfig.actionmight be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

I can access all spaces but not the 'backends'

I have rebooted server
delete plugin caches
rebooted again
Tried another browser and PC to access from.

Current tailend of log.

2017-07-27 15:58:28,522 WARN [ajp-nio-8009-exec-7] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[null]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #179922504)
-- referer: https://confluence.help2.co.uk/display/DEV/Chiran+Decision+Template | url: /pages/templates2/listpagetemplates.action | traceId: 476ebf937b589628 | userName: admin
2017-07-27 15:58:28,524 ERROR [ajp-nio-8009-exec-7] [ContainerBase.[Standalone].[localhost].[/]] log Unhandled exception occurred whilst decorating page
-- referer: https://confluence.help2.co.uk/display/DEV/Chiran+Decision+Template | url: /pages/templates2/listpagetemplates.action | traceId: 476ebf937b589628 | userName: admin
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getConfluenceResourceTags' in class com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.VelocityFriendlyPageBuilderService threw exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.atlassian.upm.osgi.impl.Versions at /decorators/includes/header.vm[line 88, column 24]
at com.opensymphony.sitemesh.webapp.decorator.BaseWebAppDecorator.render(BaseWebAppDecorator.java:37)

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Boydon July 28, 2017

Hi Ann

I decided to reinstall Confluence and restore from the previous days backup. Everything is now fine.

It was probably a database entry errror somewhere.

Steve

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Glad to hear all is well now, thanks for following up!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

The error you posted is similar to what is in this knowledgebase article, where the same symptom was reported: Error 500 while trying to access some admin functions (NoClassDefFoundError com.atlassian.upm.osgi.impl.Versions)

• Please check the log for entries related to the admin page URL where you are getting the error (admin/viewgeneralconfig.action). That will give us an idea what is happening when you go to the page.
  • Please let me know what database management system you are running, for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events