Error with database

NicoDeluxe December 1, 2017

Hi want to set up confluence new, but i get following install error during database setup

Your database must use 'READ-COMMITTED' as the default isolation level.

i added

<property name="hibernate.dialect">com.atlassian.confluence.impl.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>

to the confluence.cfg.xml and restared but the error stay.

Please help me

3 answers

1 vote
Frantisek Bekes September 29, 2018

I read all suggestions how to solve this when installing new software for first time, and the only solution was to go into phpmyadmin and execute command:

SET GLOBAL TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED;

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2018

Yes, that's what the docs tell you to do.

coiram May 12, 2019

Not really Nic, no where in any documentation you can find what  Frantisek Bekes posted above . . .  unless you find that in a "eyes only Atlassian" paper?

Frantisek solution has been the only one that has worked so far.

I would suggest Atlassian to review their "official" documentation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2019

Oddly, I can find it in the installation docs, and the healthcheck docs and the troubleshooting docs.  For example,  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-sql-server-9258.html

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

You should not be changing the confluence.cfg.xml - the installer should be setting that up correctly already

This is a database setting - you need to configure your database server correctly.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-fails-to-start-and-throws-mysql-session-isolation-level-repeatable-read-is-no-longer-supported-error-241568536.html for details on how to correct the settings on the database side.

Hi thx, n the link is descriped to set the property into the configuration.cfg.xml

Set the session isolation level in Confluence. In the top level of your Confluence home directory, find the confluence.cfg.xml file and locate the <properties> section. Add the following parameter:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Please read the document again, and look at the database configuration.

The confluence.cfg.xml will be set correctly by the installer, the doc is about repairing systems that may have missed the full upgrade.

You need to correct BOTH of these, not just one.

hmmm 

There are several options for fixing this:

[mysqld]
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED

or

<properties>
    <property name="hibernate.connection.isolation">2</property>
<properties>

i cannot enter into the mysql.ini cause its a managed hosting

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Yes, that is a little misleading.  You need to set it on the database side for it to persist.

0 votes
coiram May 12, 2019

Frantisek Bekes solution has been the only one that has worked so far .

I would suggest Atlassian to review their "official" documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events