Error when deleting a space in Confluence

Sigursteinn BJarni Húbertsson November 4, 2020

Hi all.

I've seen a lot of posts regarding errors on deleting spaces in confluence, but none seems to match what I am experiencing.

There was a space imported from another confluence instance to the one i'm working on.

The import was not successful and the space needs to be deleted.

The error when I try to delete the space is the following.

ERROR [Long running task: Space removal long running task] [atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventDispatcher] run There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event [com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceWillRemoveEvent[source=com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.DefaultSpaceManager@47d4468a]] from the invoker [SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.confluence.content.CustomContentSpaceRemovalListener.spaceIsBeingRemoved(com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceWillRemoveEvent), listener=com.atlassian.confluence.content.CustomContentSpaceRemovalListener@7debed5a} (timed)]
-- space: 100728840 | url: /spaces/doremovespace.action | traceId: d200cbbc58da3b43 | userName: Username | referer: https://xxxx.xxx.xxx/spaces/removespace.action?key=SPACENAME | action: doremovespace
java.lang.RuntimeException: Listener: com.atlassian.confluence.content.CustomContentSpaceRemovalListener event: com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceWillRemoveEvent

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

ERROR [Long running task: Space removal long running task] [atlassian.confluence.event.ConfluenceEventDispatcher] run There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event [com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceRemoveEvent[source=com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.DefaultSpaceManager@47d4468a]] from the invoker [SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.contenttype.DefaultCalendarContentTypeManager.handleSpaceRemoved(com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceRemoveEvent), listener=com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.contenttype.DefaultCalendarContentTypeManager@1e618303} (timed)]
-- space: 100728840 | url: /spaces/doremovespace.action | traceId: d200cbbc58da3b43 | userName: Username | referer: https://xxxx.xxx.xxx/spaces/removespace.action?key=SPACENAME | action: doremovespace
java.lang.RuntimeException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space#100728840]. Listener: com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.contenttype.DefaultCalendarContentTypeManager event: com.atlassian.confluence.event.events.space.SpaceRemoveEvent

Caused by: javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: deleted object would be re-saved by cascade (remove deleted object from associations): [com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.Space#100728840]

I tried to remove all the pages for the space and then delete but with out any luck.

There are now over 1500 pages in the space trash and I am getting this error when i'm trying to purge.

caused by: org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.HibernateOptimisticLockingFailureException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1; nested exception is org.hibernate.StaleStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:283)
caused by: org.hibernate.StaleStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
at org.hibernate.jdbc.Expectations$BasicExpectation.checkBatched(Expectations.java:67)

I know the answer to this purge problem is referenced here 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-57823

But the sql query depends on you knowing the title of content, which I do not.

If I put sapce id in this query I get 1510 results, and I cannot spend the next weeks manually deleting pages form the trash.

SELECT s.spacekey,
c.contentid,
c.title,
c.contenttype,
c.content_status
FROM content c
JOIN spaces s
ON c.spaceid = s.spaceid
WHERE c.contentid IN
(
SELECT pageid
FROM content
WHERE contenttype = 'CUSTOM'
AND spaceid = my_spaceid 
AND content_status = 'deleted');

The conflunce version i 6.15.2

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Sigursteinn BJarni Húbertsson

I recommend you open a ticket with atlassian support if you are still experiencing this issue: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Ensure you provide all the logs.

Regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events