Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding Test Execution Progress macro on Confluence Page

Cdnyoung January 27, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to add a donut graph of our Automated Test Suite to a confluence page via the "Test Execution Progress" Macro. However, when I add this in, the macro only displays

"No data found !"

There is another macro called "Test execution" that is a bar graph and it displays the information correctly. 

These are both connected to Zephyr test cycle executions, and both of these macros work in our JIRA instance. But when I add the Macro to confluence, i just get the error mentioned above.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix? Anyone else see this? Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the Macro after saving the changes on the confluence page:

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 2.04.35 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
DIGIT CITnet February 11, 2020

Hello @Cdnyoung ,

have you contacted Zephyr? We are experiencing the same issue.

Cdnyoung February 17, 2020

Thanks for the reply, just getting around to it actually. I'll update here if/when i hear back.

DIGIT CITnet March 10, 2020

They told me it's an error with Confluence and i should contact Atlassian instead. Or I could buy the Zephyr Blueprints...

0 votes
Cdnyoung January 27, 2020

I wonder if anyone can confirm it's this issue that has been present since 2016(!) 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-53622

achilles Garcia January 29, 2020

no. doesnt seem to be the same. This is related to zephyr tests. in jira dashboard, the same macro chart builder works. but fails when added in confluence. Mine seems to be an issue when theres multiple folders added. 

Like # people like this
Cdnyoung February 5, 2020

Thank you for your reply. Yep, i do have these graphs in JIRA dashboards and they are working. 

Vijay Chand June 10, 2020

Hello,

The issue still persisting as of today. Anyone got any pointer/workaround/resolution on this please?

Thank you!

Leya Abraham July 24, 2020

Hi,

In the Confluence page source the  "Test Execution Progress" Macro will be added as something like below.

<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id=macro_id ac:name="gadget" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="preferences">folders=null&amp;cycles=1234&amp;cycleExecutionStatusName=Test%20Execution%20Progress&amp;projectId=5678&amp;version=000&amp;chartType=pie&amp;showProjectName=true&amp;showVersionName=true&amp;isConfigured=true&amp;refresh=false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="url">jira_url</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
</p>

The issue is basically because Folder value is given as empty and it coming as null in macro folders=null. So as a workaround, removing this worked for me. Like below

<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id=macro_id ac:name="gadget" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="preferences">cycles=1234&amp;cycleExecutionStatusName=Test%20Execution%20Progress&amp;projectId=5678&amp;version=000&amp;chartType=pie&amp;showProjectName=true&amp;showVersionName=true&amp;isConfigured=true&amp;refresh=false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="url">jira_url</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
</p>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events