Error trying to change default Confluence page from Dashboard to space page

shawn keller September 13, 2012

I get the error:

The Collaborate space must be accessible to the confluence-users group (or anonymous view permissions must be granted) in order to be set as the Site Homepage

The thing is that there is NO confluence-users group in my On-Demad version. Even if I create it, is still doesnt work. Documentation is also outdated.

4 answers

0 votes
Karen H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2014

Has this issue been resolved in the last 1.5 years?
I've tried adding all of the groups (including confluence-users)
I've tried removing all of the groups.
I've tried adding the confluence-users group again.

This seems like a pretty basic feature.

0 votes
David Gruber October 16, 2013

I ran into this problem also in OnDemand, in my testing the above needs to be done for the users group.

0 votes
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi Shawn,

You'll actually need to create the confluence-users group then assign the permission for this group into the Space you'd like to be the new Confluence's home page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Karen H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2014

I already had that group created and gave it permission and I'm still receiving this error.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2012

This looks like it may be a configuration on our end, or some misconfiguration somewhere.

I think the best place to start debugging this is with our OnDemand support team:

http://support.atlassian.com

Let us know the resolution here if you go this route.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events