Error: there was a problem casting a vote. Returned status: error, error: Bad Request

When using the confluence-survey-plugin as below in a space themed with Theme Press I get the error in the summary above.

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="vote">
  <ac:parameter ac:name="title">New Snack in Bistro</ac:parameter>
  <ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[Snickers
Milky Way
Rice Cakes
Sushi
Pickled Okra]]></ac:plain-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

Using the exact same code in a regular themed space works as expected.

Using the macro in Confluence 5.4.4 with Theme Press 1.1.2

Anyone seen this and resolved it?

1 answer

1 accepted

this problem can only occur when using the latest survey plugin (2.8+) as that is solely dependent that the wiki page can be parsed for macros. If the theme plugin interferes with parsing a wiki page i dont think i can help you much except using an older version (until survey plugin 2.7) of the survey plugin. That time it was possible to vote via post backs. Without looking at how the theme works my current suggestion would be:

* Using survey plugin 2.7 or older

* Ask the people behind the theme to get the page parseable again.

Adjusting my answer. I have just installed a version of the theme press, probably you mean the Brikit one. It still works, maybe it interferes with the customization you did with the theme?

Thanks Frank. I opened an issue with Brikit. They were able to reproduce the issue. I'll update here with the resolution.

Any resolution? I get the same issue on one page using Survey Macro but not using Vote Macro.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

698 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you