Error: there was a problem casting a vote. Returned status: error, error: Bad Request

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

When using the confluence-survey-plugin as below in a space themed with Theme Press I get the error in the summary above.

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="vote">
  <ac:parameter ac:name="title">New Snack in Bistro</ac:parameter>
  <ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[Snickers
Milky Way
Rice Cakes
Sushi
Pickled Okra]]></ac:plain-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

Using the exact same code in a regular themed space works as expected.

Using the macro in Confluence 5.4.4 with Theme Press 1.1.2

Anyone seen this and resolved it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

this problem can only occur when using the latest survey plugin (2.8+) as that is solely dependent that the wiki page can be parsed for macros. If the theme plugin interferes with parsing a wiki page i dont think i can help you much except using an older version (until survey plugin 2.7) of the survey plugin. That time it was possible to vote via post backs. Without looking at how the theme works my current suggestion would be:

* Using survey plugin 2.7 or older

* Ask the people behind the theme to get the page parseable again.

Adjusting my answer. I have just installed a version of the theme press, probably you mean the Brikit one. It still works, maybe it interferes with the customization you did with the theme?

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

Thanks Frank. I opened an issue with Brikit. They were able to reproduce the issue. I'll update here with the resolution.

Michael Woodley July 22, 2014

Any resolution? I get the same issue on one page using Survey Macro but not using Vote Macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events