Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "We couldn't fetch the data from your identity provider. Fill these fields manually."

Daniel April 27, 2021

I'm trying to use Confluence with AWS Cognito.

I configured the client ID and secret, I added the full URL of my Cognito domain and pasted the callback URL to my settings.

Fu4xbde

When I save all the settings, I get the following error:

zGk82XK

I'm not sure how to fix this. I followed the documentation and I Googled this error and found no solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Daniel 

I was checking some AWS Cognito documentation and found what could be the problem.

On Confluence OIDC configuration, the Issuer URL for the AWS Cognito IdP should be as follows:

https://cognito-idp.<your aws region>.amazonaws.com/<your pool id>

In my test case it would be something like this:

https://cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/us-east-1_0DyEuGvVB

With this set, you should be able to use the automatic configuration.

Let us know if this works to you.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Daniel April 27, 2021

@Thiago Masutti you were right! seems like that fixed that issue. Since that was the purpose of this thread, I'll continue on the other. I have a new issue related to the subject of that thread :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

This means your Cognito system is not responding to your Confluence server's requests in a way that it understands.

The Confluence log will probably contain a bit more information about the problem (i.e. what the Cognito service said back to it), so having a look at them might help - see <confluence home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

But you might find more in the Cognito logs - hopefully it's logged the request from Confluence and if it has, it may be able to tell you exactly what is wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events