Error on space import

Need help getting around this error on import:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Hibernate operation: could not insert: com.atlassian.confluence.labels.Label#7930192; SQL ; Duplicate entry '7930192' for key 'PRIMARY'; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry '7930192' for key 'PRIMARY'

Steps taken to get into this mess:

We imported a space from a space-export file, 100% successful.

The export used was determined to be old and contained outdated pages.

Space was deleted (this takes away longer than I thought it would...)

New export version was copied to server into the confluence-data/restore/ directory

Restore was attempted again via the admin interface, but fails at 44% with Unique Constraint error.

Read the following KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Import+Space+due+to+Primary+Key+Constraint

Which seems to address the problem. When I grep the logs, there is only one key listed. I delete the space, delete the key (per the kb article) and re-do the import. It fails again, but with yet another key violation (different key this time). It seems like I'm going to have to keep trying this one key at a time. Since it takes almost an hour to delete the space, if there are more than a dozen of these keys, I'll be here for weeks.

Is there another way to get around this? Is there a way to find these orphaned keys before I do the import? Is there a way to sift the incoming keys from the import prior to using it to pre-check them?

Rich

2 answers

1 accepted

Here's what I'm trying so far:

I've taken the ID's from the import: grep "<property name=\"entityId\" type=\"long\">" entities.xml > entities.txt

I've taken the existing ID's from the DB (mysql): select entity_id from OS_PROPERTYENTRY WHERE entity_name = 'confluence_ContentEntityObject' INTO OUTFILE 'db.txt';

I've sorted and unique'd them: sort -u entities.txt > imp-ids.txt; sort -u db.txt > db-ids.txt;

I've found the intersection of the sets: comm -12 imp-ids.txt db-ids.txt > conflict.txt

This has given my 2291 ID's that I believe are in conflict. I have done another test import and the failing ID was listed in my conflict.txt file, so I believe I have the list of ID's to delete.

So this worked, I did a for loop and did a delete from OS_PROPERTYENTRY WHERE entity_name = 'confluence_ContentEntityObject' AND entity_id=${ID} (this isn't the exact syntax, don't cut and paste...)

Hi Richard,

As far as I know is necessary to delete one by one, but hoenstly I don't know other way to remove all duplicated.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,695 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you