Error message when closing tasks

Mihnea Serbu February 16, 2021

Hello, 

I have the following very annoying issue: when using the "my tasks" macro I have a list of tasks that have been assigned to me.

after finishing these tasks, when I try to close them, they will not "close" I get an error message from the system and they are simply stuck in their open state.

The error message reads: "Oops! Your task change couldn't be saved.
There could be a few reasons for this.  Dismiss"

But I cannot do anything about it.

Any ideas on how to solve the issues?

Thank you,

Mihnea

2 answers

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

Hello there @Mihnea Serbu !

After I read the behavior you described, I believe that there is a chance that you are affected by one of these reports:

If you are checking multiple tasks on the same page "very fast", try checking them slowly and see if the behavior still comes up.

There is also a third report that does fit the behavior you are facing:

Let us hear from you!

Mihnea Serbu March 4, 2021

Hello @Diego ,

thank you for the help on this.

in my case the situation is the exact opposite.

the issues comes especially when the tasks are older than a few days. I have tried checking the boxes very slow, or just one at a time, and the issue remains the same.

I can make a video to share the exact behaviour, but I would prefer to put it in a private conversation

Thanks,

Mihnea

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Mihnea Serbu 

I've made some resaerch and found following links:

1. Set Task to be Completed Causing 'Oops! Your task change couldn't be saved' Error 
  2. Community: Confluence OOPS Your task change couldn't be saved 
  3. Community: Oops Your task change couldn't be saved 
  4. Duplicate tasks appearing in My Tasks or Task Reports 

In these pages there are a few tips. I would do the following: 

1. Check, whether the tasks are duplicated, if so, proceed with link 4
  2. try workaround in link 1
  3. raise a support ticket

Regards, Dominic

Mihnea Serbu February 17, 2021

Hello @Dominic Lagger 

Thank you for your effort on this.

I have checked the different items that you have shared with me.

It looks like I am in the situation where some of the tasks do not exist anymore on the original page. The thing is that even if I create the task again in the original page I will get a new line in my tasks page, without the possibility to remove the "old" task. 

It really looks like the tasks points to a place where the original task does not exist anymore but I cannot remove this "record".

Would this need DB "cleaning"?

Thank you,

Mihnea

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Mihnea Serbu 

This is strange.

I would suggest you, to contact the atlassian support. Perhaps they can check your system.

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events