Error importing from Confluence Cloud to Server

myzticman May 24, 2018

Hi there. I followed the guide online for migrating from Confluence Cloud to local server (doing so due to requiring confluence on our own subdomain).

However, during import of the data exported from Confluence Cloud at around 91% it hit:

Caused by: com.atlassian.activeobjects.spi.ActiveObjectsImportExportException: There was an error during import/export with plugin Workbox - Host Plugin(com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin) #6.2.6 (table AO_9412A1_AONOTIFICATION):

How to proceed with migration from here?

4 answers

1 vote
Vlatko Bojkovski April 5, 2019

Hi all,

We have resolved this thanks to Atlassian support.

Namely, the instance where we were restoring was using MySQL 5.7, which does not support 4-byte chars.

For that matter, the following should be done;

1. Unzip the Cloud export archive
  2. Clean the entities.xml file and activeObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.pdata file with atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1.jar, (explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/incorrect-string-value-error-thrown-when-restoring-xml-backup-in-confluence-777009599.html
  3. Replace the original entities.xml file and activeObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.pdata file with atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1.jar with the cleaned ones
  4. Rezip the archive and try to restore.

However, be aware that the plugin-data folder where activeObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.pdata file is located is hidden in the archive, unless the archive is unzipped. You would need to unzip the export zip from the Cloud, in order to see this folder.

KR,

Vlatko

0 votes
Vlatko Bojkovski April 1, 2019

Hi all,

Any light that can shine over this issue?

KR,

Vlatko

0 votes
Andrew Costa July 25, 2018

I have the exact same issue, how did you resolve this? 

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi, Vincent,

In order to troubleshoot this problem, we need some further information, so I'll kindly ask you to raise a ticket with us at Support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

Best regards,
Thais

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events