Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error formatting macro: recently-updated-dashboard: com.atlassian.confluence.renderer.template.TemplateRenderingException

aravind January 30, 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to install evaluation version confluence 4.3.7 on a Linux machine.

Installed the confluence in Linux machine , was able to successfully view the sample dashboard.

then i copied the attachments folder from olde version 4.3.2 and ran the DB dump from the same

Started the confluence and logged in as administrator.

The dashboard screen i can see an error Error formatting macro: recently-updated-dashboard: com.atlassian.confluence.renderer.template.TemplateRenderingException: Unable to find template renderer to handle file extension .soy

Below are the Atalssian log errors,

-=-

13-01-30 07:35:53,395 ERROR http-9776-12 Catalina . localhost . /confluence . noop log Servlet.service() for servlet noop threw exception

com.google.common.collect.ComputationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy:soy-core-functions was either missing or disabled

at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingMapAdapter.get(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:397)

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.makeBuilder(DefaultSoyManager.java:233)

-=-

One suggestion i got from Forums is

-=-=

Please go to Confluence Admin > Manage Add-Ons and ensure that these System Plugins and their modules are enabled:

Atlassian Soy Templates

Confluence Soy Templates Support

-=-=

But as the dashboard is Confluence Admin link is frozen ( unclickable) and not able to try out this .

Thinking that this is due to plugin corruption i reinstalled the confluence but not luck .

Could any one please help in resolving this issue

Thanks,

Aravind N.S

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hello Aravind,

Looking at your migration steps it looks like you had tried to migrate Confluence in a way that will not sucessfully complete. We have the document below that outlines a few different migrtion paths for you.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

You will need to clone your instance over to your test environment following the guide above. Once the 4.3.2 instance is up and working on your test machine you can perform an in place upgrade to 4.3.7.

it seems like you were trying to do a hybrid of these two seperate steps in a single step. We always need to do things in isolation to see what part of the process is failing. Once you have a clone of you instnace running you can follow the guide below to upgrade your Confluence in place.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

All you really need to do is download the new 4.3.7 and unpack the tar.gz into a new <confluence_install> directory. Once unpacked you would modify the confluence.home in your <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties to point to yoru existing <confluence_home> folder. That is the directory that contains your attachments and a few other vital pieces of information. The <confluence_home>/confluence.cfg.xml is going to contain all the details that confluence uses to connect to your test database. Then you just need to start Confluence as normal. The upgrade process should be pretty opaque from here, but you can tail your <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log to see the progress of the upgrade.

I still recommend that you read the documents above for a full set of instructions on this migration and then upgrade process.

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi there,

There's a possibility that some of the required plugin is not enabled. Please navigate to Confluence Admin >> Manage Add-Ons, and enable all the system plugins except Confluence Usage Stats if you don't need it.

Hope it helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events