Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to AD directory

Jamie Gordon December 19, 2017

I'm trying to add a User Directory using our AD server. I'm able to authenticate and I'm sure the root is correct, but I get the following error when testing the connection. 

Any help is appreciated. 

confluence.png

4 answers

2 votes
sunil tattimani November 6, 2019

Hi,

i am getting below error too when trying to add User Directory. The error is almost the same except last part. Any help in this regard would be appreciated greatly.

Test Remote Directory Connection 

Use this form to test the connection to Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups) directory 'Active Directory server'.

For extended testing enter the credentials of a user in the remote directory.

Test basic connection : Succeeded

Test retrieve user : Failedorg.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0907C2, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v2580]; remaining name '/'For more information regarding LDAP error codes see Troubleshooting LDAP Error Codes.

Test user rename is configured and tracked : Not performed

Test get user's memberships : Not performed

Test retrieve group : Not performed

Test get group members : Not performed

Test user can authenticate : Not performed

0 votes
Jamie Gordon May 30, 2018

I still have this problem. I am unable to sync with my Active Directory. I can connect and browse the AD using ADexplorer with the same credentials and server name. Thoughts?

Jamie 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Is there any way you did "test connection" before saving the configuration? I have been bitten by this behavior before - the LDAP user password deletes itself and you have to re-enter it before saving:

Error When Browsing Users, Groups Or Roles For Active Directory

Jamie Gordon May 30, 2018

Hmmmm. Not sure what you mean. I have 2 choices on the Edit screen, 'Save and Test' and 'Quick Test'. If I hit either, I go to a Test Remote Directory Connection, where I see the error if I select 'Test Settings'. Am I not navigating this UI correctly? 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

The way you are navigating the UI is sensible but the bug I linked may be  causing problems. Please try "save and test", then go to the User Directory and synchronize it, then see if your users are able to authenticate to Confluence with LDAP credentials. If nothing else, we should be able to get a useful error message.

formeroosid November 7, 2018

This was the problem. Once I selected Save and Test first, the directory began working. 

Sanu Soman November 7, 2018

Thanks for the response. For me password was wrong when start using correct one it works.

0 votes
juan serrano April 27, 2018

I was having the same issue/error.

I found out that my organization uses a load balancer for AD.

I used this tool (from Microsoft) to help me get the "correct" hostname: Active Directory Explorer @

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/adexplorer  

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Can you test with IP instead of hostname?

Here is an example from our lab.Screenshot 2017-12-20 06.56.40.png

Jamie Gordon December 20, 2017

I substituted the IP address for the hostname. Unfortunately, I get the same behavior. 

=============================================

Test retrieve user : Failedorg.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0907C2, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v2580]; remaining name 'OU=IT,OU=UsersOU,DC=pacific,DC=xxxxxxxxxx,DC=com'

============================================

Jamie

Sanu Soman November 7, 2018

@Jamie Gordon Does this issue got fixed? if so, can you please share the solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events