Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message during XML Import

Dominic Cardellino March 30, 2020

Confluence Server Version: 7.2.1

Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.3

Database System PostgreSQL 10.12

Hey Guys,

Trying to migrate a Confluence Instance from MySQL to PostgreSQL using the xml dump. When i'm importing the xml dump, after about 10 minutes i receive the following error message:

com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import because the data does not match the constraints in the Confluence schema. Cause: PSQLException: ERROR: null value in column "username" violates not-null
constraint
Detail: Failing row contains (2719745, 0, 2, 2020-01-26 19:03:06, 2017-09-14 12:39:51, 2013-02-06 22:20:09, null).

Can somebody help?

Regards,

Dominic

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi,

same Confluence version on both systems? If they are not the same, there will be no help/support.

Assuming they are the same:

The error message is pretty good: On the PostgreSQL side there is a constrain on a table not allowing the username column to be null. The data to be inserted contains a null value in the latest column.

This might be a bug / difference between MySQL & PSQL. It might be a bug in your database table. A solution is not that easy:

1. Ask Atlassian support

2. Try relaxing the constrain in PostgreSQL

3. Fix the null value in the exported data

#2 & #3 are a sort of last resort.

Best

JP

Dominic Cardellino March 30, 2020

Of course both systems have the same Version of Confluence.

Can i find the table which produces the error?

How do i relax the constraint in PostgreSQL?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events