Error HTTP Status 500 after Confluence installation

Dear Support Team,

I have tried to evaluate Confluence but after installation got error: HTTP status 500

and multiple lines like:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginLoaders' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginLoaders' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bundledPluginLoader' while setting constructor argument with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bundledPluginLoader' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'osgiPluginFactory' while setting constructor argument with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'osgiPluginFactory' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'osgiPersistentCache' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'osgiPersistentCache': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Unable to clean the cache directory: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\plugins-osgi-cache\felix
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:104)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:479)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:162)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:925)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:835)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

The operating system - windows 7 64bit.

The Confluence version - 5.3

My e-mail address: ayr@guzik.com

Best Regards,

Alex Rogov

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Oct 07, 2013

Alex: This can be caused by a user not having permission to the plugins-osgi-cache directory or some corruption in the cache directory.

1. Verify that Confluence has stopped
  2. Delete the felix folder in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence\plugins-osgi-cache\
  3. Try starting Confluence

Dear Support Team,I am faced with the same problem,but I have not installed the confluence,so what should I do to resolve the probelm?Thanks!

Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Oct 17, 2013

Daisy: You should either create a support issue or create your own question with detailed information.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much - the installation problem was fixed with your answer.

Best Regards,

Alex Rogov

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much - the installation problem was fixed with your answer.

Best Regards,

Alex Rogov

I have the same issue with centos installation. If I stop confluence then uninstall and reinstall I never get taken back to the login page at localhost:8090

It goes straight to the error 500 page

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,031 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you