Enabling collaborative editing fails

cblee February 13, 2017

Hi, I recently upgraded my confluence to 6.0.5 to use collaborative editing feature. But when I try to turn the feature on, I didn't get any response from the browser. I checked the confluence server log and found out following error has been occurred when I tried enabling collaborative editing.

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 33
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963)
        at oshi.software.os.linux.LinuxOperatingSystem.getProcess(LinuxOperatingSystem.java:106)
        at oshi.software.os.linux.LinuxOperatingSystem.getProcesses(LinuxOperatingSystem.java:84)
        at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.utils.SynchronyProcessUtil.storeSynchronyProcessPid(SynchronyProcessUtil.java:76)
        at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.lambda$startup$4(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:486)
        at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$Of$1.apply(Promises.java:263)
        at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$2.onSuccess(Promises.java:185)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$6.run(Futures.java:1319)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:457)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.executeListener(ExecutionList.java:156)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.execute(ExecutionList.java:145)
        at com.google.common.util.concurrent.JdkFutureAdapters$ListenableFutureAdapter$1.run(JdkFutureAdapters.java:177)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I couldn't find any documentation on collaborative editing which emphasizes supporting platform, but according to the error log, I'm not sure if the server has eligible environment. The environmental information of Confluence server is as follows.

Installed Confluence: 6.0.5

JDK: 1.8.0_102

MySQL: 5.6.35

Web Server: Apache 2.4.25

Any advise would be very helpful to me.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user February 13, 2017

What do you mean by "I didn't get any response from the browser"?. If the Synchrony is not starting then please visit Troubleshooting Collaborative Editing that gives you some troubleshooting tips, and probably indicate why the Collaborative Editing is failing to start.

There are some configuration that need to be made for collaborative editing to start working. Is the Apache configured properly? You can also refer to question that was asked before https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/46813583

Your version of MySQL, JDK and Apache is supported by Confluence (Supported Platforms), I using similar set up and Collaborative Editing is working for me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events