Enabling Remote API causes link in Jira to refer to previous Base URL

Martin North April 4, 2012

We are running a trial of Jira and Confluence, and inserting a link to a Jira issue in a Confluence page. We have recently changed the Base URL in Confluence from localhost:8090 to servername:8090.

If Remote API is disabled in Confluence options, then the link URL in Jira refers to the correct base, but the link text is "Failed to load Wiki page".

If Remote API is enabled, then the link text displays the page title correctly, but the link base url is localhost:8090.

Is there an old config setting somewhere that is being referenced only when the Remote API is enabled?

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2012

Check to see if you have an Application Link configured in your JIRA instance that points to the old Confluence URL.

Martin North April 15, 2012

Hi Joseph,

The application link in JIRA is pointing to servername:8090, not localhost.

Other suggestions?

Martin

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2012

Just a sanity check: you did update the Confluence Base URL by editing Confluence's own general configuration in the admin console? :-)

Martin North April 16, 2012

Yes, Administration Console, General Configuration, Site Configuration, Server Base Url is set to servername:8090.

I can see no references to localhost:8090 in Confluence or Jira configuration, but if Remote API is enabled, that is what the link back in Jira refers to.

If I was going to guess I'd say that there is a 2nd setting somewhere that was set during installation that is not being updated by the configuration.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2012

That does look like what's happening, but there really is only 1 setting in Confluence to control the root URL, I promise :-)

Does JIRA connect to Confluence using the same URL as the root URL, or does it use some other URL (perhaps a private URL)?

Also, do you have any other webapps or proxy systems in place between the two? For example, a load balancer or an Apache httpd server acting as a reverse proxy?

Martin North April 17, 2012

The Application URL in the Application link in Jira is identical to the Server base Url configured in Confluence. Both are on the same physical server - Jira is on port 8080, Confluence on 8090. This is our first install (we're still on the trial, but we're buying) so we've kept it really simple. Nothing tricky going on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events