Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable page permission with a checkbox

Joachim Prinsloo March 3, 2021

Is there a way that I can set permission on a specific page without giving access to any other content in the space or the space itself?

We have users outside of our organization who requires access to specific areas of our confluence but only on a page level. I was wondering if it is possible to have them all in a specific user group granting that user with read access to a page?

I don't want confluence to automatically copy the permissions to all child pages or up to the parents. The permission should only be applied on the pages of my choosing.

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

@Joachim Prinsloo 

In order to grant access to a page you have to grant it first to the Space.

If there are any permissions on the parent page you should grant them to the user as well

Space -> Parent page -> Child page

For someone to access the Child page, they have to have access to both the space and parent page.

I hope it makes sense.

Best,

Fadoua

Joachim Prinsloo March 4, 2021

Thanks @Fadoua ,

This makes sense. I'm sitting with a use case where a parent page applies to only internal users and the child page applies to both internal and external users. so if I give the external users access to the parent page, then they would be able to access that content which is not allowed. Similarly, if I grant access to the Space, the external user would be able to access ALL content in that space correct? 

Is there no way around this? I cant split the parent and child content into different spaces as that won't make sense and managing duplicate content is not a sustainable approach which is not an answer either.

Any other ideas of how it might be possible to achieve this otherwise I would have to contact Atlassian to get their opinion on the matter.

Thanks

J

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

@Joachim Prinsloo 

May be not the best suggestion but the way I do it in every job is to have inside a space three pages:

• Public
  • Private 
  • Archive

Public is the one that is open to all users within the company.

Private is totally restricted.

There is no way you can restrict a space then grant access to certain pages only to people who are not allowed inside the space

Same goes with child pages where the parent has been restricted. Only people with access to the parent will have access to the child pages.

I hope I am not confusing you.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have more.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events