Enable/Disable any addon for a particular space in Confluence.

Soumya Subudhi March 20, 2019

I want to enable or disable any addon for a particular space in Confluence. Is this possible ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2019

No, generally. 

In order to do this, an App needs to have code to support itself being enabled or disabled by space.  Not many of them do. 

Most of the theming Apps for Confluence are good examples - a space admin can select one of their themes or any of the others installed - that means when they're using a "system" theme, the App is disabled for the Space.

Soumya Subudhi March 21, 2019

Amir May 17, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Can you tell me an example addon that works for this issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

What "issue"?

Like Amir likes this
Amir May 18, 2021

Enable/Disable any addon for a particular space in Confluence

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

That is not an issue.  That was a question as to whether it could be done, and the answer given and accepted is still correct.

Like Amir likes this
Amir May 18, 2021

sorry for wrong word. that is my problem that didn't resolve for me. Do you know any addon for disable some addons in a particular space?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

The original answer still stands.

I'd question why you think you want to do this.  It's not going to change the licencing or usage of any app, even when an app supports it.

Like Amir likes this
Amir May 23, 2021

For example I install smart terms to make a wiki for a particular space but I don't want other spaces use that. or also other plugins like question & answer (forum) etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

Well, that doesn't make a huge amount of sense - Confluence is a wiki, so everything you do in there already is "a wiki", and your use of apps has nothing to do with making a wiki.

For the "smart teams" or "questions for confluence" apps being enabled or disabled in specific spaces, please see the original answer.  (From memory, I know Questions can do it)

Like Amir likes this
Amir May 24, 2021

yes, some addons have this ability to run for some spaces. but others don't. so there is no addons to do this for addons that don't have this option. thanks for your answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

Hell, no, there are no apps that deliberately break other apps, there's no way anyone in their right mind would write something to do that! 

The complexity of being able to analyse the injection points of any app, or maintaining a library of functions for every app out there that might have to be broken by your code would stop people dead in their tracks.  The commercials alone would kill it - thousands of days coding to provide an app that no-one has any real use for.

It would probably breach anti-competition laws if it were implemented well, and even if it didn't, consider the competition:  for free, you can choose not to use an app in your space.

Like Amir likes this
Khawla Issaoui Creativas
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2021

Hey @Amir

I came across your question about Smart Terms. 

Here is what you can do:

1/ Go to the general configuration >> Smart Terms Configuration >>Permissions >> Select "Restrict terms creation permissions per space"

Screenshot 2021-05-31 110913.jpg

2/ Select Space>> Space Tools >> Configure sidebar >> Hide Smart Terms app

Screenshot 2021-05-31 110827.jpg

Hope this was helpful!

Cheers 

Khawla 

Like James Beeman likes this
Amir May 31, 2021

Hi Khawla. Thanks for your response

I just gave an example and I wanted to control some other apps to run under specific spaces. but as Nic said it's impossible because if apps had right to disable each other, It might make problems

I've used your second suggested way

Thanks again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events