Empty confluence.cfg.xml

Vjekoslav Dalic January 11, 2018

Hello,

we had issues with our VM on which Jira Confluence is running, and after we have recovered from that failure, Confluence is throwing error when we try to access it, error is on pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/EyMxmMzW

I have searched web and found out that my confluence.cfg.xml file located in /var/atlassian/confluence is empty.

I have tried using confluence.cfg.xml file located in /var/atlassian/confluence/shared-home that I believe is generated by installer and should be same as the one used by application.

From what I could see, database is OK and healthy.

Any suggestions?

Database in question is MySQL.

2 answers

0 votes
Javier Távara April 18, 2018

It happened to me too. I was wondering what was the issue and saw the confluence.cfg.xml was empty!

I just restored the file from backups and restarted confluence.

Something weird is happening. 

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Wow, sounds like an ordeal, but I think we are close to getting Confluence up again.

Confluence uses the confluence.cfg.xml in the root of the directory defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.

If that file is blank it could cause "Spring Application context has not been set" as in your pastebin post.

Please refer to these guides for resolutions: How to Generate a New confluence.cfg.xml and Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events