Empty cells acting as 0 values in pivot tables

Mackenzie Clark September 14, 2017

In my HTML table (not inside an HTML macro) there are blank cells, when I wrap the table in a pivot table, the pivot table considers these values to be 0, and my totals are therefore incorrect. 

How do I make my pivot table in confluence not consider the blank cells as 0, but rather just blank?

I've tried filling them with text, not sure what else I can do.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Hello,

Can you tell what do expect in the totals and why totals are not correct?

Mackenzie Clark September 14, 2017

Here is the tables I am using. I would like the average for John to show 3 instead of 1.5, because the bottom cell for John is blank, not 0. But I think that confluence considers blank = 0. Is there any way to change that?

pivot table_blank cells.JPG

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Did you try the following?

2017-09-14_15h35_56.png2017-09-14_15h35_47.png

Mackenzie Clark September 15, 2017

How did you get the does not equal filter? Thanks for your help!

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2017

Just click the '=' sign next to 'sin' label to make it not equal and save changes in filter (option under cog wheel).

Mackenzie Clark September 20, 2017

I am using an older version of Confluence (5.9.11) and I could not find how to get the "does not equal" filter, but I figured out a workaround since the page is automatically generated.

Another problem I am having is how to hide the total row in the pivot table. The tutorial here shows a newer version of confluence that has a "Hide totals" option for pivot tables, but my version does not have that. Do you know if there is a way to do this, or HTML code that I can insert that will hide the totals row? 

Thanks again.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2017

Both Table Filter and Pivot Table macros are coming from Table Filter and Charts add-on. So you need to update the add-on only, that is quite easy to do - in a single click. Just ask your Confluence administrator to update the add-on and you'll get both "does not equal" filter and "Hide totals".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events