Embedding/integrating Microsoft web parts in Confluence

Maja Suljetovic June 24, 2021

Hi there,

is it possible to integrate or embed Microsoft web parts in Confluence? According to documentation, it is possible to embed Confluence content to SP using the SharePoint Connector. However, is it possible the other way around? Namely, we'd want to put Microsoft Learning Pathways web part from SharePoint to Confluence.

Thanks. :)

Maja

1 answer

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Maja Suljetovic ,

great question, thanks for bringing this up! My name is David, serving as Co-Head of Products for Communardo, the Company behind the SharePoint Connector for Confluence.

Right now it's not possible to embed other content from SharePoint in Confluence that is not either Documents or Lists (generic or Document Libraries). May I ask what web part you're looking for to better understand the use case behind it?

I'm also happy to set up a quick call to discuss the details if that is easier.

All the best, David

Maja Suljetovic June 25, 2021

Hi David,

thanks for your reply!

It's the Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways web part. We were wondering whether it was possible to embed it to Confluence, since the user does not want to switch to SharePoint.

Best regards,

Maja

Almuth Boehme [Communardo] June 29, 2021

Hi Maja,

My name is Almuth and I am part of Communardo Product Support. Please allow me to step in.

Right now it's not possible to embed the Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways web part, therefore we would like to add it as a feature request for the SharePoint Connector.

To make sure that we understand and accurately log the need for this feature, are you able to provide some more details?

Namely

• What is the importance for the customer - critical, important or nice-to-have?
  • What is the problem that would be solved? Is there more to avoiding the switch between SharePoint and Confluence in this case?
  • Or: What are the consequences of not having this feature?

Thanks in advance!

Best

Almuth

Communardo Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events