Embedding YouTube videos into confluence

Jackson Groves May 21, 2014

Is it possible to embed a YouTube video or other video hosted on a remote server into a Confluence wiki page? If so, how do you do it? Essentially, I would like to share the same video on multiple pages without having to attach the video to each individual page.

3 answers

6 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi Jackson,

This can be done with the Widget Connector Macro. To add a video do the following:

1) Create a page to which you want to add the video

2) In the toolbar click the plus-button and then choose Other Macros

3) Search for Widget Connector

4) Paste the URL, define the size en click Insert

Now the video should appear in your page (you can test with preview).

Hope this helps?!

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

In the latest version of confluence you can simply paste youtube url in the editor and Confluence will create a widget connector macro for you.

Like # people like this
Mustafa Abusalah June 21, 2016

Can I do this here in Confluence Answers?

Lena Bosheh May 4, 2017

This doesn't work in Confluence 5.2. At all.

Mustafa Abusalah May 4, 2017

You need to upgrade

AMC Web Team February 21, 2018

Is there an update to this that allows for a playlist-enabled URL to be processed?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLX0NnqKqW_-ceiZCNrzbm03-YBLpt4T7h

Adding this to the existing Widget Connector generates a widget error. 

Running Confluence DataCenter 6.0.4

fernando.tella August 3, 2020

I'm using Confluence Cloud. How can the video be centered in the widget? In my tests, it only shows aligned to the left side.

fernando.tella August 3, 2020

Well, I managed to do something similar (not exactly what I wanted, but close) by typing 100% in the width field and adjusting the size with the height value; that way, the thumbnail of the video will be the full width of the page, but when clicking play, it will be centered in the youtube widget and of the chosen size.

weweave UG
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2020

@fernando.tella: You can check out our App "YouTube for Confluence" from the Atlassian marketplace (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221789/). We recently added an option to set the alignment of the video content (to either left, center or right). If you set this option to "center" and define a width in the macro options you should get the result you are looking for if we get you question right. 

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2020

If you are using Confluence Cloud, you can use our add-on: HTML Macro for Confluence

Simply copy the embed code from Youtube (or any other service like Vimeo), save it into HTML/Iframe macro body and your videos/contents will be embedded in the page. Let us know if you have any issue.

Best,

Kumar

felix.weber March 4, 2021

Good idea but usually iframes got locked quite fast by the site you are referencing to

most of our iframes didn´t work after few days

0 votes
weweave UG
Marketplace Partner
February 16, 2020

For Confluence cloud, you can check out our app "YouTube for Confluence" from the Atlassian marketplace (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221789/).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events