Embedding Media in Confluence page - WMV files not working on Chrome or FireFox with multimedia macro

Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2011

Has anybody else experienced issues with this?

Add a a wmv file as an attachment and use the multimedia macro to display it on the wiki page.

IE 9 shows the windows media player control and plays the video

Chrome - shows the windows media player control, says connecting to media then just goes back to ready :(

Firefox - does the same as Chrome

Tried on on Confluence 3.5.7 and 4.0m-27 and from different machines and different wmv files.

Get same result if add a link to the file which tries to open in full window. Is this a confluence, WMV, or browser problem?

5 answers

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012
0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

I believe this is not a Confluence issue but rather a "browser video support issue"; google "mp4 does not play in different browsers" or similar you will find a lot of issues related to generic browser support for the different video formats.

0 votes
Daniel Zhao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2011

I have the same problem with wmv and mp4 on my wiki too!

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

I have similar problems. Also with .avi files.

Has there been any solution provided from Atlassian on this?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

I see the same issue with mp4 on Firefox 16.0.2. Did anyone raise a ticket with Atlassian on this?

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2011

For an issue such as this I would suggest opening a support ticket at support.atlassian.com

Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

Will do, just wanted to get a feel if this was a generic or specific issue

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 17, 2011

I've noticed this to be a little flakey for .mov & .mp4 files on some different browsers also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events