Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded iframe Figma

Chris Carbo October 7, 2019

I have embedded an iFrame to a Figma file on a confluence page.

The page loads the figma file correctly for some, but not all.

When the iframe doesn't load the figma file, a grey box with the message "www.figma.com refused to connect" appears.

I have tested different permissions and browsers along with adding https to the URL. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

Hello Christopher,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. Happy to help you!

From what you're saying, the iFrame is working for some users, but not all. Is that correct?

If Confluence were having an issue with this, then you would see that it doesn't load for any users, but if it loads for some users, then there's some problem preventing those users from connecting to Figma. 

That can either be Figma itself, or something on the user's computer, such as an anti-virus.

You can have your users check the error with Developer Tools in their browser. By going to Developer Tools > Network (in Chrome, but other browsers have the similar functionality), they will be able to see the error that is causing the connection issue.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Chris Carbo October 9, 2019

I check out the Network issues and found this

Refused to display 'https://www.figma.com/file/bocdbxkuGrzvd2AiWjLWnFKg/Policy-creation?node-id=1949%3A787' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 3.45.56 PM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Christopher,

Thank you for sharing that.

This means that Figma has set clickjacking protection on that page. The rule they have set is preventing that page from being embedded in another page unless they share the same origin (Figma).

It's not clear why it would happen only for certain users or if there's some other requirement for someone to access the page, e.g. do they need to be logged in? Access from a specific session? Therefore, you may want to check with Figma why this is happening.

I hope that helps to clarify things, but let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Chris Carbo October 10, 2019

Interesting. But what confuses me even more is that I can take the same link and embed it into an iframe in Notion and work. 

Which why i'm confused and can't figure out if this is a Confluence or Figma issue or both?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2019

Hi Christopher,

It doesn't look like a Confluence issue; we do have clickjacking enabled so you cannot embed Confluence pages into 3rd party sites, but not the other way around. 

If I were you I would check with Figma to see if there's some requirement as to some whitelist or setting that needs to be enabled for someone to embed a website.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events