Embedded draw.io digram repeatedly asks for authorization

tnicholson March 25, 2021

I have successfully embedded some new diagrams in my confluence page. However almost every time I visit the page it doesn't display the diagrams and asks me to "Authorize draw.io to access Google Drive" which I do every time, but a reload presents me with the same authorization request.

My team mates are unable to see the diagrams at all

1 answer

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hi, 

are you experiencing the same issue in other browsers, please? If you temporarily disable all browser extensions and clear cache, does it help? Could you please check if 3rd party cookies are allowed?

Thanks,

Marija

tnicholson March 28, 2021

Yes, it still happens. Also I don't see how cookies and cache should effect this as this should be done server-side, not in my browser

Mohamed Mohamedin March 29, 2021

Hi,

When you embed a diagram from Google Drive, we don't copy the diagram to Confluence, rather we link to it (to respect the restrictions you set on the file). So, we need to access the file from Google Drive every time the page is opened. This is why we need to use cookies.

In addition, your team mates won't be able to see the diagram unless it is shared with them. So, if you have a company account with Google, you can share the diagram at the company level or with each one in the team. They also need to login to their Google account to have access to the diagram.

This way the diagram is viewable only to those you allowed and also updated whenever the diagram in Google Drive is updated.

Marcus Hunger January 17, 2022

I have the same problem. Sometimes embedded diagrams load, most of the times they require authentication again. I have a page with two diagrams where sometimes one of them loads, and the other one does not. That's very frustrating.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

@Marcus HungerDo you have multiple Google accounts logged into that browser window?

Marcus Hunger January 18, 2022

Yes

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2022

If the default google account is not the one you're logged in with for the drawio viewer, the default can reset the token. If it's chrome try using one profile per browser window.

kshalle April 27, 2022

Sadly, one profile per browser window doesn't solve the issue..  other ideas?

kshalle April 27, 2022

To be more precise.. when draw.io is open, it is logged into an account (upper right -- that is the account draw.io uses for gdrive -- ex: myname@gmail.com).  This account has to match the default account of the window.  Even if all tabs in the window are open to that account.. the re-authorization still happens if those tabs don't match the default.  "default" means when you first open Chrome, it asks which account -- that is then the default for the window and all child windows.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

"when draw.io is open", what is "draw.io" specifically in that case?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events