Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Embedded draw.io digram repeatedly asks for authorization

I have successfully embedded some new diagrams in my confluence page. However almost every time I visit the page it doesn't display the diagrams and asks me to "Authorize draw.io to access Google Drive" which I do every time, but a reload presents me with the same authorization request.

My team mates are unable to see the diagrams at all

1 answer

Hi, 

are you experiencing the same issue in other browsers, please? If you temporarily disable all browser extensions and clear cache, does it help? Could you please check if 3rd party cookies are allowed?

Thanks,

Marija

Yes, it still happens. Also I don't see how cookies and cache should effect this as this should be done server-side, not in my browser

Hi,

When you embed a diagram from Google Drive, we don't copy the diagram to Confluence, rather we link to it (to respect the restrictions you set on the file). So, we need to access the file from Google Drive every time the page is opened. This is why we need to use cookies.

In addition, your team mates won't be able to see the diagram unless it is shared with them. So, if you have a company account with Google, you can share the diagram at the company level or with each one in the team. They also need to login to their Google account to have access to the diagram.

This way the diagram is viewable only to those you allowed and also updated whenever the diagram in Google Drive is updated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,377 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you