Embedded JIRA feedback form not always showing up in Confluence

Deleted user April 19, 2015

I embedded a JIRA feedback form via the issue collector but it is not showing up in Confluence. I guess it is because you are not logged in into JIRA but I am not sure.

Any ideas?

I want to have a feedback button (issue collector) always showing up in Confluence for every logged in Confluence User.

2 answers

0 votes
allie ruby April 8, 2021

This is happening to me as well in 2021. I selected the vertical option and used the HTML macro in Confluence. I am in google chrome and I don't expect chrome to be a problem.

I also am curious - I would love to just have a link for them to click. In my screenshot, I want the link to be feedback.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 2.20.01 PM.png

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

What kind of issue collector trigger did you choose? There are "Subtle, Prominent, Vertical and Custom". The first three will appear on the page without any other configuration. The "Custom" will need to have an html element it can be embedded into.

Also, in Confluence, have you inserted it as an "html" macro?

Deleted user April 20, 2015

We chose the vertical one. I embedded it in Confluence via Look & Feel and Custom HTML. Somehow, I can see the button (Safari) and few people don't (Firefox for example).

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Appearing in certain browsers only indicates that this might be a browser issue. Check the browser configs, if it allows javascript. There are certain installations which prevents such.

Deleted user May 1, 2015

Ok @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] I got it now, its because of an SSL issue. The collector is in JIRA which uses SSL but somehow the Confluence SSL is marked as unsafe when I embed the collector. Any idea how to solve this?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2015

Is your JIRA and Confluence trusting each other? That should not be an issue I think (We are using SSL and I have not encountered it myself so I am not 100% sure).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events