Embedded Flash File Error

Daniel Drahnak October 17, 2012

After attaching a Flash file (.swf) to my page, and then configuring the Multimedia macro to play the file, I receive the following error in a black boxed frame where the video should appear:

"We are unable to connect to the content you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm attempting to do this in Confluence 4.2.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

You could try clearing the plugin cache as there is a slight chance that the corruption of it is somewhat related to the problem.

However, I suggest that you open a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com so that the case can be investigated, since this seems to be a specific problem in your instance and we would need additional information to get a proper solution.

There is a bug report that could be related, but this has to be verified based on logs/version numbers/local configuration: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23268

Cheers,

Peter

Ok I will do so. Thanks again.

0 votes
Werker April 19, 2013

We are getting ready to upgrade from 3.5 to the latest, but Daniel's issue is the same we are having. This is a top hit via google search. I am going to try various approaches to using the widget connector (I wish Daniel had elaborated) but I think I know what the issue is that is causing this. I am sadly corporate inhouse so I have to hack everything... and hacking this as a POC will convince the largest healthcare IT company in the country to "upgrade" and fully commit (bigger than facebook $$$). I am very thankful for the last paragraph as I waste an entire weekend threading through code :)

Werker April 19, 2013

If you look at the Atlassian help and demo files inside the documentation files, everything except for google wrapped content fails. It is actually important for Atlassian to explain this, so that, my company can give them millions of dollars for enterprise licensing.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

Hi,

This could be related to the flash file itself. Is it a video or more likely an application that tries to embed content from external source?

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter. I replaced my flash file with the ninjas.swf flash file that appears on the Confluence Embedding Multimedia Content Help page. This Flash file plays without issue in either IE or Chrome when I run it locally.

When I attach this flash file to a page and use the Multimedia macro to display it on the page, it appears as a white box with a thin gray line on the right edge in IE. In Chrome, I get a "No plug-in available to display this content".

I can also use the widget connector macro to display Flash content in either browser without issue.

The only problem occurs when I attach a flash file to a page and use the Multimedia macro to display it on the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events