Embedded Draw.io diagram does not update to the latest version

David Brien
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

I have several draw.io diagrams embedded onto Confluence pages using "embed draw.io diagram". I create the diagrams in their own browser tab separate to Confluence. 

The draw.io file is saved on my local HDD, and I pick this file when embedding (I use the 'upload' tab and then select the file).

If I later go into Draw.io (directly in it's own browser tab) and I edit the diagram and save it (to the same original file that I picked when embedding), the confluence page will remain frozen in time on the diagram as it was when I first embedded it (even after refreshing). I expected it to reflect the latest changes, since the draw.io file is saved on my local HDD.  Does it simply not work this way, or is there a way for me to get the confluence page to see the latest version?

I see now that if I go to the confluence page first, and edit the diagram using the Edit icon on the embedded diagram, then it does work - the confluence page correctly updates afterwards. I can do it this way if needed; just checking that I'm not missing something about my original method.

2 answers

2 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2024

Confluence cannot access your local file system. When you embed the file you upload it to Confluence. Browser cannot do want you're looking for in this case, there are security reasons this isn't permitted.

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2024

Welcome to the community David!

Here in our Atlassian community, there are folks who are part of the draw.io. I see that you have tagged them on this post, which is great! Let us wait and see what they have to say about this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events