Embed whiteboard diagrams on confluence (how to cut and edit)

Lee N
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2020

Hey!

A question to whiteboards users.

How to embed just a part of my diagram created in the whiteboards plugin on to my Confluence page and make edits to this diagram directly on this page without leaving it?

I want to be able to re-use my huge chart with lots of objects on different docs, but I don't want to create several pictures. Looks like I saw something like this on one meet-up, but I can't get how it was done.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Agnieszka Jozwiak _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Lee N

I assume you mean Whiteboards for Confluence. So to embed just a part of a whiteboard into your Confluence page you can set a custom viewport. In order to do so, while you are on your selected board click the button in the top right corner (see screenshot below):

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 14.25.51.png 

Once you click this option, you can then highlight the part of the board you want to display on your Confluence page. Finally, go back to confluence and you will see the selected part embedded.

I hope it helps but please let me know if I can help any further.

For more information about the Whiteboards, you can also check our documentation.

Many thanks,

Agnes Jozwiak

Spartez Software

Lee N
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 31, 2020

got it, thanks!

Cheryl Trajkovich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 11, 2023

I don't have the custom viewpoint icon available.   Is there some sort of macro I need to install?  I am using Atlassian Whiteboards in Confluence.  Currently in Alpha version.

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl 

Like # people like this
Kyla Canares
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2023

Hi Cheryl,

When you paste a link of the whiteboard in, you can click the embed button to display the whiteboardimage.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events