Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed a draw.io diagram and show different layers

Jérôme Leclère June 5, 2023

My goal:

• I have a main page with a draw.io diagram. This diagram contains several items in the background layer, and several items on other layers.
  • On the main page I would like to see only the background layer.
  • Then I would like to embed this diagram on other Confluence pages, and for each page show by default the background layer and an additional layer.

But it is not working. I saw the page https://drawio-app.com/blog/filter-diagrams-by-page-and-layers-in-confluence-server/, I do the same thing (although my interface is a bit different), but it's not working.

Example:

Here is my main diagram:

draw.io diagram.png

If I show only the background layer in the main diagram, then:

• My main page is correct:

main page - other layers deactivated.png

• My other page embedding the diagram is not correct since I don't see the other layers:

other page - other layers deactivated.png

• Here is how I do to activate the layer in the other page:

other page - editing mode.png

If I select the layer I want and click on Insert, then it shows correctly the layers in the edit mode, but if I edit again the diagram right after the other layers are deactivated, so it does not keep it in memory. And if I publish, I obtain the picture shown above.

Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2023

Hi Jérôme.

I created video for you to show you how specific layer(s) can be displayed in embedded pages. 

Looks like you tried to edit drawio instead edit drawio macro. 

Please take a look and let me know if it helps. Since there is gif upload limit size I had to make video as short as possible and also had to reduce its size which resulted in low quality. 

I added images in case you are not able to see video details.

specific layer display.gif

edit macro.JPG

select pages.JPG

Marija

Jérôme Leclère June 12, 2023

Than you very much Marija for the detailed video!

Indeed, I was doing Edit instead of Edit Macro and Select viewer page and layers.

Like Neghena drawio Diagrams likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events