Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Google Docs - Spreadsheet in Confluence page

Holland Risley November 23, 2014

Hi,

I would like to Embed Google Docs (spreadsheets) in my Confluence pages.

Is this possible?

I have tried the widget connector but when I paste my Google Docs link (I copied the 'anyone who has this link can view' link). I get a grey cogs icon showing broken link.

I have read a few posts on this subject, and I can see AppFusions offering being touted. I can't see this in the OnDemand marketplace though.

How can I do this? Any help would be most appreciated.

5 answers

4 votes
AB November 24, 2014

Not sure if this is something that will help solve your problem, but we currently also use the iframe macro to embed content onto our Confluence pages (I've tried it with a Google Spreadsheet once, and it seems to work fine). Here is a link to the macro's documentation - http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/iframe+Macro

Note: We're using Confluence 4.3.3, server version.

Mouli August 8, 2019

works when you embed the spreadsheet as an iframe.

Like # people like this
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Sorry folks, the page must've moved. But this is the correct link:

https://docs.adaptavist.com/cfm/confluence/server/latest/macros/iframe.html?

Cheers, Mark.

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

The Create You Own add-on for OnDemand says that it can do this. It's free.

Hubbitus June 1, 2016

Looks cool. But available only for cloud. Do you known something similar for the server?

Like Yaroslav Shelomentsev likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2016

In Google Docs/Sheets/Slides go to the File menu and click on the "Publish to the web" menu item. There is an option in that to embed the document which will give you some iframe code to put into your site. You could put that inside an html macro or create a user macro with the ifram code and then put the user macro on the page. That's it.

Like # people like this
Michael McDaniel August 15, 2017

This is the correct answer. The only caveat is the embed url cannot contain the Iframe config information. Simply copy from HTTP all the way to pub? ending at the? and paste into url field.

Like niklas.nikolaidis likes this
1 vote
Justin Justin November 23, 2014

Hi Holland - right, at current this is only available on Server versions of Confluence (not yet OnDemand), which does work as you describe. http://www.appfusions.com/display/GDOCSC/Home 

0 votes
CelesteCS July 20, 2016

Hello,

If you need to have that part of spreadsheets functionality, which regards any calculations, you may consider CelesteCS Math for Confluence. There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The sum calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

SUM(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2014

Hi Holland,

Actually the Widget connector not working with Google Docs is a bug that is already being treated here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34110

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates.

I believe is just a matter of time to have it working again.

Cheers,
WZ

Ketki Kulkarni October 9, 2015

I am trying to add a google sheet to my confluence and it does't work.Please fix this issue. It's been 4 months since I tried to do this but it still hasnt been fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events