Embed Confluence page to Sharepoint site

Dylan_Wu_LW_com June 28, 2021

Our intranet runs on Sharepoint 2016, build number16.0.5017.1001.  We like to embed articles from our Confluence server, 6.15.0 on to Sharepoint site.  From my reading in the community, Sharepoint connector is able to embed articles from Sharepoint to Confluence.  Is there an option to do the opposite?  

2 answers

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Dylan_Wu_LW_com, great question!

The only app that I am aware of that allows this is the SharePoint Connector for Confluence. If installed and configured correctly it provides a SharePoint web part that can display Confluence Pages and Blogs. Please refer to the screenshots below:

1901cf71-9d3d-41bc-a935-ae2815367e4b.png

ae808351-c458-4a7e-83e6-60c1e571c9ba.png

It works with your combination (SharePoint 2016 and Confluence Server) but is also future proof in terms of compatibility (SharePoint 2019, SharePoint Online, Confluence Data Center, Confluence Cloud is supported as well).

Disclaimer: I work for the Company behind the App. But I'm not aware of any other app that provides this functionality.

Let me know if you need any further information or support!

All the best, David

Co-Head of Products, Communardo

Stefan Gillard August 30, 2021

Eduardo, whilst i understand the connector can embed Confluence within sharepoint, can i export my conflluence pages to sharepoint then kill the connector?

We are moving to sharepoint only and need a way to get the content out of confluence and into sharepoint. Will your product facilitate this?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

@Stefan GillardThe above mentioned App enbeds content from one system into the other, neither it is intended to migrate any content, nor will the embedded content be available once the original content instance has been removed.

I'm sorry to say that but it does not look like it's covering your use case.

Anna Sike January 17, 2023

Hi @David Toussaint [Communardo] 

Sorry to jump in.
I got the Communardo App on Confluence but it doesn't appear on my SharePoint 365.
How do I configure so I can use it at both places?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2023

Hi @Anna Sike no need to feel sorry :)

I guess best would be to file a support case with my team as a short analysis might be required here.

All the best, David

Like Anna Sike likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Dylan_Wu_LW_com - Welcome to the Atlassian community.

There are several marketplace apps https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=sharepoint

I believe that search connector app gets confluence into sharepoint.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223146/search-connector-for-sharepoint?hosting=server&tab=overview

You can download and test with a trial license. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events