cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email page content rather than share a page

Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Hi

I'm about to upgrade from a very old Confluence 3.0.2 instance to version 4.3. The ability to email the contents of a page to an address, user or group has been removed in favour of the "Share" functionality, which just sends a link to the page.

This is not suitable for a particular use case, which is to send daily reports based on Confluence pages to a set of people. I understand the rationale behind removing the ability to email content, but the Share thing is fairly useless in this case.

Does anyone know of a way to get back similar functionality? I can't find a likely sounding plugin.

Thanks

Neil

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2014

Hello Neil, there is a feature request to bring that function back to Confluence, it is registered here. Other than that a workaround would be to export the page contents into a PDF file and send that as an email attachment.

Hope this can be of help.

Marc Moroz February 21, 2018

The PDF export is pretty ugly and I've found better participation when the contents are in the body of the email rather than in an attachment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events