Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications

Peter Job April 5, 2023

Email notifications are only received when certain users are making changes to the page. Is it possible to change a setting so that an email notification is sent when any change is made by any user?  

1 answer

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Peter Job 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you want to stay up-to-date and in-the-know about content on Confluence, you can use the Watch feature. When you watch something, Confluence will send you a notification email about any changes to your watched content.

To start watching a page or blog post:

1. Go to the page or blog post.

2. Select the and check Watch page.

You can read more about it here - Watch pages, spaces, and blogs 

Peter Job April 5, 2023

Hi Kishan, 

Thank you so much for the quick response! I have added several members of my team to the watchlist on a page, but they are telling me that they do not receive any email notifications when changes are made, even after adjusting the email settings in their profiles. 

Is there an overall admin feature that disables email push notifications? I am not sure why they are not receiving emails when changes are made. Appreciate any help!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi Peter,

Yes, Confluence Administrators can turn email and push notifications on or off for their instance. Select(Settings) in the Confluence navigation then select Further Configuration to manage these settings. Please check if this is turned on/off currently on your instance.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hi Peter,

If email/push notifications are turned on already, the Jira Administrator for your instance needs to open a support case directly with Atlassian Support to find out if the users' emails have been blacklisted/added to suppression list due to some reason.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events