Editing wiki markup

gagomes December 5, 2015

I understand newer versions of confluence will no longer allow their users to manage markup directly. I have a use case that I haven't been able to overcome and was hoping to find some guidance. I have two confluence installations for different audiences, one from wiki1.com and other from wiki2.com. If I copy an article from wiki1 to wiki2, all the auto-generated links (anchors, toc, links, etc) from wiki1 will be kept without change in wiki2. If I copy the article into a text file, I also lose the links and any active html components/formating, which means I can no longer export/import articles from one wiki to another w/o some loss of metadata or accepting that I will have to make manual adjustments myself, whereas if I had the metadata, I could simply perform a search/replace.

My question is thusly: How can I perform a search/replace on the metadata in confluence on the wiki2, such that I can change the urls all at once? We're talking more than 100 links here, which is almost prohibitive to do manually)

Thanks!

p.s: The built-in search and replace does not work.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015

I think it's not that they don't allow it anymore, it's just that the Confluence Source Editor plugin is not compatible yet, and they haven't committed sufficient developer time to get it working yet.

Anyways, until they can fix it, there is an option to update the XHMTL markup manually via the API.  You can find the procedure in this answer:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32968525

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015
A couple of things could help your use case:
  1. You can use Wiki Markup for Confluence and the wiki markup macro to continue to edit content using wiki markup.
  2. You can use the copyPage action from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) to copy pages and use the findReplace or findReplaceRegex parameters to change the target source during the copy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events