Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing existing labels

Udhaya Kulandaivelu February 7, 2017

If you thought of adding and deleting labels, why wouldn't you think of editing them? I'm working on hundreds of pages with slightly varied labels and since no edit facility is available, I'm writing item1_bla_bla_bla and then instead of copying this page and editing the label with one character edit, I must instead retype, item2_bla_bla_bla. And God forbid, I forgot an "a" in the second "bla", there's no recourse but to delete and retype the whole label. Not very intuitive.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2017

I suspect the hope is that your users will use labels properly and take advice from the auto-suggest

Your label format suggests that you're trying to do something a lot more structured, which is not really what labels are for.

There are some add-ons that allow for label restrictions or mass-updates-when-you-get-them-wrong, but natively, I'm afraid that there is not much you can do here.

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Second Nic's answer. We use Label Manager for Confluence for cleanup which sounds like the boat you're in now. It has some nice features for nabbing similar-looking labels while you're editing.

Udhaya Kulandaivelu February 8, 2017

Nic,

Appreciate the response. Thanks.

Daniel,

Thanks for the pointer. My company has no more budget for paid plugins. Something like this should be a native feature. Oh well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events