Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Editing a template or a bulk change the pages?

Greetings, i've created a custom template for my confluence articles. It's pretty generic, basically just a footer for a page with a disclaimer.

CORE text
------
Footer

Now, I decided to edit that template and add few more words. Unfortunately, that change does not affect pages that are already created with the previous version of the template.

Now, I have 60+ pages and can manually edit them, but I plan to move the whole company wiki with 3000+ pages to confluence. So I want to make sure that I'll have the ability to bulk edit footer/headers of the pages. Template seems does not work is there any other options?

It seems I can use API to select and bulk edit, but maybe I just need to create those pages in a special manner in the first place?

1 answer

0 votes

I think you're doing everything right and templates don't work retroactively. However, if you find out some other way, please let me know, as this would be interesting for me as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

375 views 15 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you