Editing Pages takes a long time.

Protosoft Account August 16, 2019

Hello,

we are running Confluence Powered by Atlassian Confluence 6.15.6 in a self hosted cloud environment.

From Site A all works fine, editing pages has good performance.

From Site B after each keystroke the page is being updated (saved) and therefore editing is almost impossible. We are using  IE Version 11.0.9600.18894.

is there any (Windows) setting known, which might be the reason for this behavior?

KR, Dierk Wiedemann

2 answers

0 votes
Protosoft Account August 19, 2019

Hi all thanky ou for your answers, but the question was not if IE11 is supported or not.

The issue is, that while editing the content is being saved after each single keystroke. This makes it impossible to work on confluence.

Maybe you have seen any kind of this issues before.

KR, Dierk

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hi 

As I know, Atlassian dont support IE browser, please, try on Site B another browser.

Cloud Confluence dont dependence from hardware parameters)   

Protosoft Account August 16, 2019

Hi,

Mhm, interesting, but might be answered too easily. Additionally I might add, that the IE 11 which I use from Site A works well.

Therefore I'd assume that some Windows / IE Security guidelines (Sicherheitsrichtlinien) might affect the confluence behavior.

Any Idea?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019

Hello @Protosoft Account  and @Yevhen Rohovets 

IE 11 is supported by Atlassian for Confluence 6.15. Please see the following link of supported browsers and platforms.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019

"We test Confluence in Internet Explorer 11 using standards-compliant rendering mode, not compatibility mode. You may experience problems in compatibility mode. "

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events