Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing LaTex math block macro causes rest of document to disappear

Oscar Kramer April 5, 2023

I have a Confluence document with many LaTex math equations. Just now tried to edit a math block macro. When I save the macro edit, and return to the document (still in edit mode), all of the contents except the math block and the table of contents disappears. When I undo the change, the content reverts back. 

This only happens when all the contents are inside a "Numbered Headings" block. When I remove the Numbered Headings (by cut & paste into region outside the Numbered Headings block), then edit the math block, everything works normal.

Bottom line: editing LatTex math block inside Numbered Headings block has a bug.

1 answer

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Oscar Kramer 

Can you share please a screenshot of what Latex macro you use, please?

Siva Muppa [Appfire] May 12, 2023

Hi @Oscar Kramer ,

Good day!

I am Muppa Siva from the Appfire Support team. 

We have created an issue on your behalf to troubleshoot the issue further. Please feel free to signup to our support portal and share me your user ID so that I can add you to the support request and discuss further over the issue.

Signup Link: https://appfire.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/11

Thanks,
Muppa Siva

Oscar Kramer May 12, 2023

I have to limit the extent of the screenshots because of proprietary content. First is the Numbered Headings block that contains all of the document body including LaTex Math blocks.

Screenshot from 2023-05-12 09-10-05.png

Next is an example Math Block. Recently I see (as shown here) that it is not rendering when in "Edit" mode. Here is a sample showing both box and inline math blocks not rendering:

Screenshot from 2023-05-12 09-13-51.png

Note that there are a couple of "mathblock-ref" that do successfully render, as well as one "mathblock". I don't see why some work and some don't.

When I click on the "edit" pencil icon to edit the mathblock, I do see the properly rendered equation:

Screenshot from 2023-05-12 09-18-06.png

Finally, if I edit the above math block (I added a comma after x_{i}) and hit save, it returns to the document, but the document has been cleared:

Screenshot from 2023-05-12 09-21-10.png

Notice that the "Numbered Headings" block (with all the content) has been replaced by the math block -- and the math block (with the added comma) does render. If I move everything out of the Numbered Headings block, I don't see this bug.

I hope that helps.

Siva Muppa [Appfire] May 16, 2023

Hi @Oscar Kramer ,

Good day!

Can you please login into our portal and share your user ID so I can add you to the support request? This will make it simpler for you to track the issue and collaborate with us more closely.

I am looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Muppa Siva

Oscar Kramer May 16, 2023

I am logged in, and my username appears next to my post: "Oscar Kramer". I see 5217988 in the URL. Maybe that's the user ID? I don't see where to find it.

Siva Muppa [Appfire] May 17, 2023

Hi @Oscar Kramer ,

I wanted to let you know that we have shared the ticket with you through our portal.

If you are unable to see it, please log in to our portal and check your account dashboard. In case you still can't locate it, please share a screenshot of your login page with us, so we can assist you further.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Muppa Siva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events