Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Google Slides in Confluence

Zach Sellers October 25, 2020

I am able to embed a set of Google Slides into a Confluence doc. But every time I click the "Open in full-screen Dialog" icon it says it is unable to load the file.

This is different from Google Sheets - I can edit an embedded Google Sheet in a Confluence doc.

Is there a specific setting I need to change to enable editing for the slides?

Also, is anything I add to the Confluence doc made public?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hello @Zach Sellers !

As I understand, embedding Google Slides does not work as expected. Also, when you do the same with Google Sheets documents, the embedding process works as expected.

I tried to replicate the problematic behavior of the Google Slides document but ended up replicating it with both Sheets and Slides. Here is what I see when I try to embed Google files:

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 14.26.18.png

This error tells me that it is Google the entity who is keeping the file from being displayed. Either due to some company policy or security setting the user has created.

However, when I tried to replicate the same with a document that had no restrictions on who can view it, the document displayed correctly:

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 14.25.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 14.25.16.png

I advise you to look into the Google Slides permission scheme to check if everything is set as desired. Here we have Google’s own document share documentation:

Edit:

Confluence content only become public to people who are not users in your instance if you enable Anonymous Access:

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events