Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Confluence Pages leads to 100% CPU usage

Yannick Bruhin November 25, 2021

On some pages which are filled with text, some images and tables, the CPU usage increases to 100% while editing the page. This leads to the issue that the response in typing is very slow and changes can often be seen only seconds after. After some minutes, the usage drops to regular 0% - 5% usage, and then raises again when I start typing or updating the page. When the page is published and the edit mode is left, the CPU usage is also dropping back to the regular 0% - 5%.

It is strange that this is not happening on all pages. I've also experienced this issue with confluence pages on Confluence Cloud pages. I am unable to detect if it has something to do with the content of the page itself.

I am using a Google Chrome Browser, Version 96.0.4664.45 (64-Bit). CPU is a i7 6500U @ 2.6Ghz. 16GB RAM.

How can I identify the problem? Are there browser plugins to see which action is blocking the CPU?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Yannick Bruhin

I guess, you're also affected by CONFCLOUD-73213.

Does it help for you to disable spell checking as advised as a workaround?

Cheers,
Matthias.

Dear @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

thank you for the quick response! It seems that this setting is managed by the company, therefore I am unable to disable it. I will check together with the local IT if it's possible to overrule the company settings.

Best, Yannick

Deactivating the spell checking helped to solve the issue. Thank you @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events