Edit source

Julio Cesar de Melhado e Lima February 10, 2015

Hi,

How can I edit a page's source? Some time the editor just get's crazy, specially when working with lots of numbered lists.

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

If you had the non-cloud version there is the Confluence Source Editor. But for the cloud version there is no source editor. The best you can do is make use of the clear formatting button in the toolbar. Also, make sure that you NEVER copy and paste from Word into Confluece. ALWAYS copy into notepad (or some other text editor) first to clear the formatting and then copy and paste from notepad into Confluence.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2015

Just to add to Davin's responseon copy/pasting from Word...if you use Windows then the little application - Pure Text (http://stevemiller.net/puretext/) - that runs in your tray and can be activated by hotkey assignment, might be considered to save time. I find I use it often for this and many other use cases (even pasting text from elsewhere into emails).

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

I like the puretext idea. I might check into that myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events